Alphataraxia Management (ATX) is a fast-growing quantitative investment management group with offices in both Washington, DC and Newport Beach, CA. We specialize in wholesale electricity markets, where extreme volatility is the norm and the marketplace is constantly evolving, presenting new opportunities for growth and insight. We are currently one of the top participants in the power markets and are looking for hard-working candidates with genuine enthusiasm for solving complex problems to join our collaborative and high-caliber team.
We are looking for a senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will own the infrastructure and uptime of our platform that facilitates resource-intensive analysis, enabling us to solve challenging problems in today's power markets.
At Alphataraxia, we build proprietary systems that are the backbone of our business in trading speculative wholesale power contracts and hedging risk in our existing portfolios. Everyone at our firm, from our analysts to our engineers, contributes to this platform. As a DevOps Engineer, your job will be to facilitate our collective development work to build out critical trade flows and transact on the best data available.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a mind for increasing productivity and creating and implementing software systems and solutions on a firm-wide level. You will excel in this role if you love cloud computing and helping people use it to solve real world problems. If this sound like you, we’d love to meet you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5+ years of DevOps experience
- Experience with the following:
- AWS stack
- CI/CD (CircleCI, Travis, Jenkins)
- Linux server administration
- Databases and data warehousing
- Working knowledge of Python
- Kubernetes not required
- Excellent communication skills and team focused mentality
- Willingness to dive deeply into the details of a problem
- Comfort working both individually as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience developing engineering applications for a larger corporation
Responsibilities of this role include
- Maintain systems uptime
- Architect and maintain our cloud infrastructure
- Build tooling around our development process, including integration and deployment pipelines
- Oversee the platform necessary for investment transactions in both existing and new markets
- Debug and troubleshoot infrastructure and performance issues
- Support our developers that create internal tools for investment analysis
- Collaborate with engineers and the Head of DevOps to ensure firm-wide continuity and efficiency
A little more about us
- We play with vast amounts of data and turn our findings into actionable trading decisions.
- We try to explain how things work both fundamentally and quantitatively.
- We build all our own proprietary tools, enabling us to prototype, iterate quickly, and pivot when necessary.
- We automate as many redundant processes as possible to maximize time spent on analysis.
- We move quickly with minimal bureaucracy and a high level of ownership.
- We have a team-first mindset, and focus on developing our team members.
- We believe strongly in the value of maintaining a variety of perspectives and experiences within our team.
- We work in a collaborative, casual environment, yet also expect high throughput from each member of our team.
- We pride ourselves on our openness, transparency, and horizontal structure--across the firm, we all work closely together to tackle difficult problems.
We strive to offer best-in-class compensation and benefits alongside an unrivaled work-life balance.
- Annual discretionary bonus and signing bonus
- 19 paid vacation days + 7 paid federal holidays
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance (including HSA option) with no monthly premiums for best-in-class platinum individual plan
- 401k match -- 100% company matching on the first 4% of deferrals with immediate vesting
- Annual firmwide weeklong summit
- Hybrid remote work environment -- most of the year we are in the office Tuesday to Thursday with remote flexibility Monday and Friday
- Flexible remote work months -- fully remote option for the month of July and between Thanksgiving and New Years
- Casual environment (informal attire)
- Snacks and unlimited coffee in the office
- Free non-fiction books program for your personal growth and enjoyment
- Firm sponsored social events including happy hours, lunches, book club, and more!
We want to find the right people for the right seats. If you could see yourself excelling in this position, we encourage you to apply.
We will read all Cover Letters submitted, but they are not required. Please email careers [@] alphataraxia.com with optional Cover Letters, any additional materials, or questions.